If you are on a time crunch for dinner and happen to have a Rotisserie Chicken on hand (or as a left over), and hoagie rolls, then this recipe makes a meal in about 30 minutes or less.
Ingredients in the Spatini Chicken Sandwich
- Spatini Tomato Sauce (see below)
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Hoagie Rolls (also known as submarine rolls) — see picture
- 2 thick slices of Rotisserie Chicken Breast
- Lettuce, Shredded
To assemble the sandwiches
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice hoagie roll in half and place on a baking sheet covered with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Generously spread the Spatini Tomato Sauce (below) over each half of the hoagie roll
- Evenly sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese and a little Parmesan over the sauce.
- Place the two slices of chicken on the bottom half of the hoagie.
- Sprinkle more Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over top of the sliced chicken.
- Broil the sandwiches, with faces up so the cheese melts, bubbles, and browns (caramelizes). These cook quickly, so watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Remove from broiler, let sit a minute, then top with shredded lettuce.
Serve with potato or tortilla chips.
Spatini Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Spatini Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 1 (13 oz) can of tomato sauce
- Blend the Spatini, Italian Seasoning, and tomato sauce together in a large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Microwave for 30 – 40 seconds to warm up. Stir again.