Spatini Seasoning adds a new taste to this recipe for the classic Sloppy Joe.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions), tops and white bottoms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Spatini Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp sugar
- Your favorite buns or bread
- Provolone or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan Cheese, shredded
To prepare Spatini Sloppy Joes:
- Brown the ground beef in a lightly oiled non-stick skillet, turning often and breaking up any clumps. Sop up any grease in pan with a paper towel.
- Add green onions, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions are clear.
- Add tomato sauce, Spatini and sugar, stri well and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Toast your favor bun or bread.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/3 cup of Sloppy Joe mix on bun and top with Provolone/Mozzarella Cheese and a pinch of Parmesan Cheese.
Serve with potato or tortilla chips.